The Aquacell water recycling system at the Vinosa Apartments treats the residents’ greywater from all 64 apartments across the development’s three buildings.
- The greywater is obtained from the apartments located within the building, recycling water that would otherwise be discharged to the sewer.
- The Aquacell system treats the greywater to a high standard making it safe for irrigation of landscaped areas, toilet flushing, washing machine applications and use in the apartment’s car washing facility.
- Treated grey water is NOT suitable for drinking.
Where is greywater treated at Vinosa Apartments?
Greywater is collected from the apartments’ showers, hand basins and washing machines. It’s diverted from the apartments and collected in a storage tank beneath the building’s car park. The greywater is then pumped from the storage tank to the Aquacell G10 unit, located on the car park level in the plant room.
How is recycled water used at Vinosa Apartments?
The high-quality treated water is re-used for a number of purposes including:
- Toilet flushing.
- Irrigation of landscaped areas around the apartment buildings.
- The car washing facility located at the car park level.
- Being available at a laundry tap in each apartment so residents have the option of using recycled or potable water for clothes washing.
What precautions are in place on-site?
The Vinosa Apartments site has a dual pipe system, which means the recycled water is transported around the site in a separate (purple coloured) pipe system to the drinking water (‘mains water’). This is a preventative measure so that the recycled water is not confused with mains drinking water and used where it shouldn’t be. You’ll also notice signs around the apartment buildings to educate the public about the greywater system.
Instructions for the community
You can help keep the system running at its best by following some simple guidelines.
- Take notice of the signs placed around the apartment buildings and follow instructions on how to safely use recycled water.
- Don’t drink the recycled water – it is non-potable.
- Don’t attempt to alter or repair any of the plumbing – contact Pacific Building management on 1300 761 610 if you have any problems.
- Don’t put any of these materials down the drain:
- Pet care products
- Silicon or silicon based products
- Paint or paint thinners
- High-foaming degreasers
- Draino or caustic soda
- Faecal matter
Important contact information
For all life-threatening emergencies dial 000 for Ambulance, Fire Brigade or Police.
Incidents and emergencies
For urgent repairs, incidents and emergencies, contact Pacific Building management immediately on 1300 761 610 or via fax on 02 8746 0390. This includes:
- Any burst water service
- Dangerous electrical faults
- Water service breakdown
- Any fault or damage that creates a hazardous condition
- Production of out-of-spec water
In the event of an electrical hazard, an emergency stop button is mounted near the control cabinet panel located in the Aquacell plant room.
Treatment plant operator
Aquacell Pty Ltd
64 Alexander Street
Crows Nest, NSW, 2065
Telephone: 02 4721 0545
Recycled water reticulation scheme operator
Stockland Corporation Limited
Level 25, 133 Castlereagh Street
Sydney, NSW, 2000
Telephone: 02 9035 2000
Fax: 02 8988 2000