The Aquacell water treatment system at Kurrajong treats all the wastewater generated in the Tallowood Community Estate.
- The wastewater collected from the residences and is treated on site.
- The Aquacell water treatment plant treats wastewater to a high standard that makes it safe disposal by irrigation
- Treated water is NOT suitable for drinking.
Where is the wastewater treated at Kurrajong?
The waste water treatment plant and irrigation disposal field are located within the boundaries of the Tallowood Community Estate.
How is treated water disposed of at Kurrajong?
Treated water is disposed of by sub-surface irrigation. The irrigation field is located adjacent to the treatment plant
What precautions are in place on-site?
Aquacell remotely monitors the operation of the treatment plant and undertakes periodic water sampling to verify treated water quality. In addition, the scheme is licensed under the Water Industry Competition Act (WICA) and is independently audited.
Instructions for the community
You can help keep the system running at its optimum by following some simple guidelines.
- Contact the Tallowood Community Associate if you experience any problems with your sewage system.
- Seek information from Aquacell if you do not understand the sewage treatment and disposal. Their contact information is listed below.
- Don’t drink treated water – it is non-potable.
- Don’t attempt to alter or repair any of the plumbing
- Don’t put any of these materials down the drain:
- Pet care products
- Silicon or silicon based products
- Paint or paint thinners
- High-foaming degreasers
- Draino or caustic soda
Important contact information
For all life-threatening emergencies dial 000 for Ambulance, Fire Brigade or Police.
Incidents and emergencies
For urgent repairs, incidents and emergencies, contact Tallowood Community Association in the first instance. After hours, contact Aquacell directly.
- Any burst sewage service
- Dangerous electrical faults
- Sewage service breakdown
- Any fault or damage that creates a hazardous condition
- Production of out-of-spec water
In the event of an electrical hazard, an emergency stop button is mounted on the Aquacell system’s control cabinet panel.
Treatment plant operator
Aquacell Pty Ltd
64 Alexander Street
Crows Nest, NSW, 2065
Telephone: 02 4721 0545
Recycled water reticulation scheme operator
Tallowood Community Association
C/- Raine and Horne St Marys, 210 Queen Street
St Marys, NSW, 2760
Telephone: 02 9623 5666